Thursday, September 30, 2010

"you've woken up again, you cant go back now. live. "

Last weekend was Oktoberfest and it was such an amazing time. It's not at all how I thought it would be. I just figured it to be a couple big beer halls filled with people drinking. It was like a huge fair. There were big lights, rides and little stands selling sausage, snacks and souvenirs. There were amusement park rides and carnival style fun-houses. We went on one of those rides where it takes you to the top and then drops you and we went into a fun-house and you stand against a wall in this circular room and it spins you around really fast. As it's spinning, the floor drops but the force keeps you against the wall. It was cool, I was like 7 feet off the ground and still stuck where I was. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of beer halls but there was a lot of other stuff too. The next day we went around the city and saw all the sites. I bought a lederhosen. It was definitely worth it.

This week has been a pretty laid back week. I come home from school and my host mom always helps me with my Deutsch homework. It's great to have someone to explain everything to you. I make way less mistakes on my homework and I understand way more of it.

Today I hung out with some friends after school again. We went bowling again but it was still fun. I don't really know what more to write here. I got my schedule today. I have school Monday, Tuesday and Friday until 12:45. On Wednesday I have class until 3 but I have a free hour in the middle of the day. On Thursday I have school until 5 but I have a two hour break.

My class schedule looks like this.

Monday
Deutsch/German
Deutsch/German
Englisch
Sport/Gym
break
Sport/Gym
Französisch/French

Tuesday
Art
Art
Math
Math
GWG/History, Social Studies and Geography

Wednesday
Französisch/French
Französisch/French
Religion
Religion
Englisch
Englisch
Break
Bio
Bio

Thursday
GMK/?
GMK/?
Physik
Physik
Deutsch/German
Break
Break
Chemie/Chemistry
Chemie/Chemistry
NWT/Something about nature
NWT/Nature thing again

Friday
Math
Math
NWT/nature again
NWT/nature again
Geschichte/History
Geschichte/History

I don't know how long each class is exactly but I think they are between 45 minutes and an hour.
I realizr this was not a very good update but I will try better next time. I keep putting off writing here and then I forget a lot of stuff that happens.

1 comment:

  1. We talked a while back about AFS and German speaking countries.. I'm glad to see that you ended up in Germany with a scholarship. That's great!

    Also, geniess es!

    ReplyDelete